Sunday, June 7, 2009

Packing for a wonderful future

So, sometimes the steps to our dreams are not nearly as exciting as the dreams themselves. I started packing up some of the back rooms today. Here's what our family room looks like now...lots of boxes, lots of labels...a heart that is sad to leave a home we've loved for 25 years and a heart that rejoices in the laughter/memories/experiences/potential of the future. Almost every box has some tear stains on it, but my wise mother taught me never to love anything that can not love you back. So I remind myself that it is not this house that I love, it is the family that has lived within it...and they will be with us in our new home. To everything there is a season...this is my season for boxes, newspaper, markers and packing tape! To God Be the Glory!

3 comments:

  1. I love you mama, you're so wise. :) I'll see you tomorrow, and we can laugh at the boxes instead of cry on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I was there with you packing up everything. I really would LOVE LOVE to help you because I LOVE LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete